September 9, 2007

Free Stuff

So there's this thing about getting free stuff off Craigslist or other places in general. For example, the free TV stand I got from the "nice" lady? She told me when I got it that it was missing 'a screw.' 'A screw' in her mind meant all the hardware, instructions, and legs. Who steals legs from a TV stand? It's now in the dumpster and I reclaimed my old TV stand from my brother, so basically I still ended up with a free item.

The free 27" screen TV I got in the back alley? It decides when it turns itself off, which seems to be after about 1 1/2 hours when it overheats. The weird thing is it stayed on for all of "Children of Men", a movie so boring and flat that I wouldn't have minded if the TV had shut down in the middle of it. Why did people say that movie was so good? Did they watch it? They're probably the same ones who also thought "Babel" was amazing. What a tedious, stereotyping, redundant flick. It felt like the whole movie was an excuse to exercise the director's dream of slapping a full-frontal nude Japanese girl up on screen. It still doesn't make sense to me how she fit in, and no, it's not because I'm cinematically challenged.

Whatever. The point of this entry is to talk about free stuff. And I must say that I am relieved to be released from the bond of Craigslist. I am happily moved into my apartment and have no further need of other people's stuff.

No comments: