January 7, 2008

Public Pool: Part 1

I'm back at the pool in attempts to get back in shape for some races in the spring/summer. I haven't done any swimming in more than two years and I feel the weakness in every muscle on my upper body. But at least I'm back at it and one of the benefits is hanging out in the hottub after a swim and stretching out where it's nice and warm.

The other day my goggles jammed out halfway through my swim so I had to toss them, the result being bloodshot eyes and almost zero vision since I wasn't wearing my contacts.

As I jumped into the hottub, I stumbled over a lady sitting on her own. Despite being almost blind I noticed two things about her:
1. she was wearing bright red shiny lipgloss
2. she was wearing a wetsuit

I think to myself, "weird". Why would you wear a wetsuit into the hottub? As I found my seat I glanced her way again and realized this time that she was not wearing a wetsuit. She was, in fact, wearing a red, pink, and black striped turtleneck sweater. Now I know a lot of women have image issues so it's not unusual to see females wearing all sorts of baggy things in a pool, but I've never seen a sweater before. And this is a very hot hottub. I find myself wondering if she's wearing shorts or track pants or perhaps a swimming suit down below. A few minutes later she stepped out of the hottub wearing... a black skirt and NYLONS. She then proceeded to take a shower in the rinse-off area, fully dressed, for about 5 minutes, carrying on a conversation with someone else. Then she left at which point I bolted from the room to follow her into the changeroom to see what came next... and she wasn't there! Where did she go???

No comments: