June 19, 2007

Noticing Things

I'm always curious as to how I'll view my country/people when I get back after an extended absence. Maybe this last absence wasn't so long, nothing's really changed, people look and act the same. The one thing I do see now though is how many women are bursting out of their shirts. I was sitting on Bloor and Yonge the other day, having my hotdog and people watching. Couldn't keep count of all the boobs I was seeing in almost all their splendor. This was around 4:30pm, end of the workday. I don't think I'm a prude but come on, is that what you wear to work? I'm assuming many of the women I saw are quite intelligent and could easily trade on their brains yet they insist in cashing in on their boobies.

It reminds me of an episode in "Cheers" when a bunch of guys showed up in Boston from their country where women walked around virtually naked. They were so excited to meet Rebecca because she wore clothes. Extreme, yes, but sometimes I think there must be some guys out there who wouldn't mind seeing a turtleneck occasionally.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What's a turtle-neck?

Anonymous said...

Al, are you back in Toronto??
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I just read your Syrian blog -- in one spellbound sitting, from start to finish. I'm so amazed by your experiences and blown away by your writing. And you made me laugh out loud many times.
I'll message you on facebook too to cover my bases. Really hope to see you, if you're around this long (Canada Day) weekend.
Larissa

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that one sister - keep the boobs inside!