July 3, 2007

Hunting

Everyone knows that the job hunt is a demoralizing, debilitating experience. I've given myself what I assume to be a reasonable timeline of finding a job by the end of August. I've watched my friends do all the same things - send out resumes and letters, wait for responses - and then follow the same psychological patterns. Day one they are hopeful and know that everyone wants them, by day two they're depressed and feel stupid and worthless. Day three means you've given up hope of ever being employed and make plans to live in a box under a bridge somewhere. Day four you consider McDonald's.

All my friends are employed despite this process so why do I feel like I'm going to be the odd one out, the one who actually makes it to fry-guy status? Big sigh.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I have faith in you. you'll find a job sooner or later. I've spent my chunk of time without work and have yet to work at McDonalds. If I can find a job so can you. Sure, I had to move to Medicine Hat to find work, but you can't win 'em all.

Anonymous said...

Buck up young dove. Your time will come.

Work is for suckers anyway!

Unknown said...

I'd rather work at Starbucks than McDonalds. Please consider pouring lattes before you get anywhere near a fryer.