July 16, 2007

Meaningful Lyrics



I'm watching Much Less Music right now and a retrospective on that popular mega band of the 80's, Def Leppard. I can't count how many of their songs are written without the benefit of an editor or speaker of common sense English, and I am stumped at the meaning of 'Armageddon It'. I think it means 'Giv 'er' or 'Punch me in the face'.

But their brilliance doesn't stop there, check out these lyrics and guess the title of this song:

Make love/like a man/I'm a man/That's what I am (oh wait, on second thought, what am I?)
You want it/I'm the one/I got it/I'm Mr. Fun
You need it/I'm Captain Cool

Mmmmmm, sign me up for that dating service, please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not that i'm a def leppard fan...not even close to one...but since when has rock music been know for serious literature....ya gotta lighten up a bit and take it for what it is..."Much Less Music"

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.